Thursday 10 July 2014

Pamper Pack

I think there is something lovely about sending a birthday present that is all about pampering and luxury. It has to be the kind of thing that you would not buy yourself but love receiving. I decided to make my Auntie a pamper pack for her birthday. I made a brown sugar and honey body scrub, bought some pretty candles and little candle holders and then I made an eye mask. The scrub recipe came from Beauty Scrubs and Masks by Elaine Stavert; it's a really easy recipe and uses everyday ingredients from the kitchen.

For the eye mask I used the template from a lovely blog full of really fun things to male. I found the instructions helpful and the quilting lifted the design and gave it a nicer finish. I used a soft brushed cotton on the inside so it felt better against the skin. The outside was a really pretty turquoise fabric with tiny roses on. I love the fabric as it has a vintage style but the bolder background colour gives it a modern feel. I added pretty ribbon ties and made a mirror card to match.

Eye mask made using the tutorial from "dog under my desk"

Body scrub and lovely candles

Co-coordinating mirror card

No comments:

Post a Comment